Sna

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Stuttering Fears And Phobias

Stuttering is a speech impediment which affects approximately one percent of the adult population in the UK. This speech defect mainly affects men and can cashing in endowments a catastrophic impact on their lives. In this article I will be writing about the ways in which a buy Ritalin can ruin and dictate a person's life.

My name is Steve Hill; I am aged 34 and I am from the United Kingdom. I feel that I am well educated in the field of stuttering due anxiety disorder the fact that I had a stutter for eighteen years. Unless you have suffered with this frustrating problem, it would be impossible to understand term assurance how it feels to be unable to communicate in a fluent manner.

For many years I had a fear and phobia of speaking to mesothelioma patient people, I could talk to myself without any problem at all, I was able to talk as fluent as the next man, it was when speaking to other people that I had issues. Talking to strangers or meeting new people was especially difficult.

I used to find it hard to get to sleep during this period of my life. I would lie awake, worrying and anxious about what might or would be happening the next day. I would ask myself questions such as:

What will happen if I stutter when talking to the teacher tomorrow?

What if I am unable to speak fluently at the job interview tomorrow?

What if I am unable to answer the telephone fluently at work tomorrow?

I have lost many many hours of sleep due to the anxiety associated with stuttering.

To cope with this stuttering fear, phobia and anxiety, I decided that I needed to have a number of replacement thought processes This is a bit like when you attempt to quit smoking, when you think you want a cigarette you do something else instead.

My alternative thoughts included imagining I was on my summer holidays, on a beach with the sun beating down on me. I love my summer vacation and this and my many other alternative thoughts were a major help in getting me to sleep at night.

I am now very happy to report that I have overcome the stutter; in fact I have been fluent for the last twelve years. I will however, never forget how much of a struggle it was for those eighteen years when I had that horrible, frustrating speech impediment.

Steve Hill is a speech coach from Birmingham, he has a number of websites including:
www.stammering-stuttering.co.ukStuttering
www.stutter-cure.comInformation about stuttering
www.stutter-stuttering.comStuttering therapy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home