Sna

Sunday, July 20, 2008

You Always Get a Second Chance to Make a Good First Impression!

I just banged-out some fresh promotional copy for my popular audio seminar: THE NEW TELEMARKETING.

Without hesitating, I sent it to two universities, my literary agent, Batman to the producers of my audio programs.

I like the copy very much. I'm confident it will get the supportive responses I'm looking for.

But what if I screwed-up? What if there are typographical errors I could have and should have corrected? What if I failed to say something important or included a point that's too trivial?

Was I too hasty, as in that old saying: "Haste makes waste"?

Will it be too late to make a good first impression if I've spawned a bad one?

In short, the answer to these paranoid questions is a resounding NO!

Whoever said "You only get one chance to make a good first impression" missed the point.

(1) The first impression isn't male enhancement the most crucial, the one people remember. According to research, the MOST RECENT impression is the one that lasts and is more persuasive.

(2) You get a fresh chance to make impressions with every contact you make. Let's say you're trying to sell something to someone. You might miss with product A insurance life Monday, but be a hit with product B, on Tuesday.

(3) That saying maker was a perfectionist and I'll bet he was a procrastinator, as well. While you're busy rehearsing your all-too-important first impressions, someone else will be repeatedly failing his way to much greater success than yours, utilizing a READY-FIRE-AIM mentality.

The "one and only one" impression pundit has a "small numbers" consciousness. Build yours based on The Law of Large Numbers, and you'll be much more successful and a lot happier, too!

Need to build your sales and success? Contact the author.

Dr. Gary S. web conferencing is a top trainer, conference and convention speaker, sales, customer service, and negotiation consultant, and attorney. A frequent expert commentator on radio and TV, he is also the best-selling author of 12 books, more than 1,000 articles and several popular audio and video programs. His seminars are sponsored internationally and he teaches at more than 40 university extension programs, including UC Berkeley and UCLA. Gary's sales, management and consulting experience is combined with impressive academic credentials: A Ph.D. from USC, an MBA from the Peter F. Drucker School of Management, and a J.D. degree from Loyola Law School, his clients include several donate cars to charity 1000 companies.

His web site is: http://www.customersatisfaction.com and he can be reached at: gary@customersatisfaction.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home